If you are discontented with your smile and at the same time do not want any metal in your mouth, Invisalign can be the ideal solution for you. Also known as clear braces, Invisalign straightens your teeth without metal wires and brackets, making use instead of a series of customized removal devices called aligners. Invisalign removes both the distress of metal wires and the inconvenience of adjustments. They are practically tricky to spot, and no one will know that you are undergoing teeth straightening procedures.
What Problems Can Invisalign Fix?
Invisalign can help fix the following problems:
- Gaps that have developed between the teeth
- Minor overbites and underbites
- Overcrowding, crookedness, or overlapping of teeth
- Oral conditions such as crossbite in which the upper teeth overlap inside the lower teeth
- Poor alignment due to the tooth protrusion
What Is the Procedure for Invisalign Treatment?
To begin the Invisalign treatment, you will need to come for a consultation at our office. We will assess if Invisalign is a suitable treatment for you. If so, accordingly develop a customized treatment plan during the preliminary appointment.
In the next step, we will take X-rays, photographs, and impressions of your teeth that will be processed in the Invisalign system software. Advanced 3D computer-imaging technology will examine the impressions captured during your first appointment and use them to fabricate a custom-made series of clear, removable aligners.
During your subsequent visit, you will receive your aligners. Each set of clear aligners has to be worn continuously for about two weeks and removed only when eating, drinking, and brushing. To ensure the treatment progresses as planned, you will be required to visit our office once every four to six weeks. The treatment is complete once all the sets of aligners have been worn. The treatment duration required depends on the case's severity and is usually six months to one year.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
As the aligners are transparent, it means nobody will even be aware that you are wearing “braces.”
- They are removable, unlike the traditional metal braces.
- The removable aligners allow you to eat, drink and brush your teeth normally.
- They are very comfortable, and you don't have to worry about metal wires scratching and scarring the sides of your mouth.
- There are absolutely no dietary restrictions while wearing them.
- The aligners are more aesthetically appealing to the eyes.
If you are interested in learning more about our Invisalign treatments, visit us at Full Smile Orthodontics in 6965 El Camino Real #201, Carlsbad, CA 92009, or call us at (760) 804-0080 and schedule an appointment.