Orthodontic treatments can correct a wide range of dental problems, from crooked teeth to tooth gaps or overcrowding, and give you a perfect smile.
Braces are one of the most sought-after orthodontic appliances we offer at Full Smile Orthodontics in Carlsbad, California. Dr. Daniel Adams recommends traditional braces as the perfect dental solution to correct a wide range of oral health issues caused by misaligned or irregular teeth.
What Are Traditional Braces?
Traditional braces are standard orthodontic devices used to treat misaligned teeth. They consist of metal brackets, archwires, and elastic bands that put pressure on the teeth to shift them into the desired position.
There are several health benefits to timely treatment with traditional braces, such as:
- Preventing chronic headaches or jaw pain
- Avoiding tooth decay or tooth loss due to dental irregularities
- Curbing atypical enamel wear
- Putting an end to gum injuries due to crooked or uneven teeth
- Solve chewing and biting problems
How Do Traditional Braces Work?
When you come in for braces at Full Smile Orthodontics in Carlsbad, California, Dr. Adams will attach metal brackets to each tooth using dental cement and then pass the archwire through each metal bracket to apply the required pressure on the teeth.
As the braces move the teeth into their correct positions, the tooth roots shift accordingly.
When undergoing braces treatment, Dr. Adams recommends dental appointments every 4-5 weeks to tighten the archwires and adjust the pressure applied by the braces on the teeth.
Generally, the whole process can last 18 to 24 months, but it can vary depending on the complexity of individual cases.
Why Choose Traditional Braces Over Other Orthodontic Appliances?
From Invisalign to clear aligners, several corrective appliances are available on the market for hassle-free teeth-straightening. However, traditional braces have certain benefits over other methods, making them the most recommended treatment approach. These include:
- Traditional braces are an effective dental solution for severe orthodontic issues such as misalignment, bite issues, overcrowding, crooked and protruding teeth.
- Metal braces are the quickest way to achieve straighter teeth that stay straight.
- Compared to other corrective devices, traditional braces are the least expensive option to get the perfect smile.
- Traditional braces are made of durable materials that can last throughout your orthodontic treatment without any wear or tear.
- Since braces stay on throughout the treatment, they apply constant pressure on the teeth to achieve the desired results.
If you’re looking for orthodontic treatment at a top-notch facility, Full Smile Orthodontics in Carlsbad, California, is the best choice. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Daniel Adams by calling us at (760) 804-0080 or visiting us at 6965 El Camino Real #201, Carlsbad, CA 92009.