In the past decade, orthodontic treatment has gone through many encouraging developments. More people have realized the significance of a healthy smile when it comes to their overall confidence levels. Brands like Invisalign have come up with clear plastic aligners to enhance the smiles of people. If you are considering clear aligners to improve your bite or the alignment of your teeth, we recommend you choose Invisalign.
Invisalign® Clear Aligners
Invisalign's clear aligners are manufactured using Align Technology. These aligners are made of BPA and BPS-free plastic that does not contain gluten or latex and is FDA-approved. The thin and flexible material is called SmartTrack® and is made exclusively for Invisalign aligners.
Features of Invisalign® Clear Aligners
- Invisalign aligners are made up of SmartTrack, which offers a more secure and comfortable fit than other aligner materials.
- These clear plastic aligners slowly move your teeth to straighten them by gently applying pressure on them in a specific direction.
- Invisalign aligners are removable and have to be taken off while brushing your teeth, eating, or drinking non-clear liquids.
- You have to wear these aligners for 22 hours a day for approximately a fortnight, after which you need to switch to a new set of aligners.
- The treatment time varies from person to person. However, the average person may have to wear these aligners for about 6 to 12 months, depending on the severity of the malocclusion.
Benefits of Invisalign® Clear Aligners
- It is thinner compared to other alignment options, making them less noticeable with a discreet look.
- Invisalign aligners are more trackable, and the progression of tooth movement is visible.
- Compared to metal braces, removable Invisalign aligners allow cleaning your teeth more quickly and improves gum and oral health.
- The soft and flexible material of these aligners makes them more comfortable to wear and does not irritate the mouth's soft tissues.
- Invisalign clear aligners also act as thin nightguards and protect your teeth against teeth grinding and clenching.
The commonly used treatment option focuses on treating the entire mouth and can correct any malocclusion issues like the gap between teeth, open bite, crossbite, overbite, and teeth crowding. Invisalign Lite is suitable for mild malocclusion cases and offers a shorter treatment option, including up to 14 aligners only.
Our dentist, Dr. Adams, at Full Smile Orthodontics, is a licensed and registered Invisalign provider and has passed a comprehensive Invisalign training course. During the consultation, our dentist will review your bite and propose a treatment plan accordingly. It will include all the details about how your smile will change and how long the treatment process will take while you wear the Invisalign aligners.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Carlsbad, CA, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Adams. Please call us at (760) 804-0080 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.