Many people can benefit from orthodontic treatment as few people are born with perfectly aligned teeth. We recommend that patients come in for their initial exam as early as age seven, but people of any age can benefit from having an orthodontic exam.
When you or your child come in for your orthodontic exam in Carlsbad, California, Dr. Daniel Adams will determine whether you can benefit from braces or another form of orthodontic treatment. Our doctor may use diagnostic tools including a review of your medical and dental health history, a visual exam, models of your teeth and bite, and X-rays. If orthodontic treatment is recommended, a treatment plan will be formed for your specific needs and goals.
Some common alignment and bite issues that orthodontic treatment can correct include:
– When the front upper teeth sit too far in front of the lower teeth in an overbite.
– When the lower teeth sit too far forward or the upper teeth are too far back in an underbite.
– When there is space between the biting surfaces of the side or front teeth when the back teeth are together, which is called an open bite.
– When the center of the lower teeth does not line up with the center of the upper teeth in what is called a misplaced midline.
– When there are gaps or spaces between the teeth because of missing teeth or another issue.
– When the dental ridge is not large enough to accommodate all of the teeth, the teeth may be crooked or crowded.
We invite you to contact Full Smile Orthodontics today at 760.804.0080 for more information and to schedule a visit. Our team looks forward to helping you reach a straighter smile!